Shimano have updated their range of mountain bike shoes, with updates to the ME7 and ME5, plus new XC1 and XC3 shoes. Keep reading below for more...
"Whether you're looking for a race shoe or an all-rounder, SHIMANO's ME7 and ME5 have you covered.
The ME7 is Shimano's elite racing shoe so, as you can expect, it comes with a healthy dose of feedback and
studies gathered from athletes in 2019's Enduro World Series rounds. The ME5 translates that racing
technology into a shoe that's at home under the foot of competitive and demanding riders looking for a
different mix of pedaling stiffness, grip and comfort.
The ME7 features include:
• A NEW MICHELIN® high-performance, dual-density rubber outsole to offer superior
• traction with unmatched durability, stability, and slip resistance
• A NEW low-profile, reverse mount buckle tucked away from obstacles to securely hold the foot
• Lightweight pedaling efficiency plus the durability, grip, and armor that aggressive trail riders need
• Perforated synthetic leather upper optimizes comfort, fit and breathability
• Neoprene stretchable ankle collar offering additional protection from trail debris
• Speed lacing system securely fitting a wide range of foot shapes
• Sealed cleat area to keep water out
• Torsional “TORBAL” midsole to allow for natural rider 'flow' during downhill descents
• Volume+ last with extra toe-box volume to accommodate comfort in wider range of foot shapes without affecting shoe length. Enables ultra-wide range of feet sizes.
The ME5 features include:
• NEW single Boa® L6 dial for quick and precise micro-adjustment plus closure cap to prevent accidental release during collisions
• Dedicated trail performance shoe combining excellent stiffness for pedaling with off the bike ntraction.
• Reinforced armor provides great protection and excellent durability
• Proprietary SHIMANO grippy rubber compound outsole offering superior traction in wet conditions
• Torsional “TORBAL” midsole to allow for natural rider 'flow' motion during downhill descents.
The XC3 features:
• A Boa L6 dial for micro-adjustability on the go
• SHIMANO’s Dynalast fitting to reduce fatigue over longer distances.
• A low stack height (thanks to the removal of the lasting board) which stabilizes the foot for better power transfer
• Toe and heel protection and tough lugs so the XC3 can shrug off dirt, mud and anything else thrown at it.
The XC1 features: • Three offset Velcro straps to reduce tension yet spread the tightening force across the foot upper
• An upper fashioned from perforated synthetic leather for great breathability and fit
• A lightweight glass fiber reinforced nylon sole with rubber XC outsole to promote a stable pedal engagement, secure walking grip and assured power transfer."